Tuesday 10 May 2011

First Day of Work...

Where do I even start.... work was the most boring thing I have ever done. You could hardly call it a job, and not worthwhile at all.

All the people at work were really nice, and Verane and I found the office okay after a slight detour around the block the wrong direction. There are two other boys around our age from Indonesia who work there too, and they are really nice, but don't seem too keen on their jobs either. We were all sitting silently in this tiny room and by tiny I mean like a right angle triangle where I could touch everyone who was in there without moving... and the bathrooms, don't even get me started!

For lunch they took us to a western restaurant and asked us a bunch of questions about Canada and what we like to eat and how we're liking Malaysia. The people here are so nice, I haven't met a single person who's not really friendly.

We do get stared at though, according to Bernard, we're exotic, so no matter what we wear people will want to interact with us, especially girls, and especially blonds...

I'm going to talk to Andrea tonight about making my job a little more worthwhile, so we'll see how that goes.

Don't have any big plans tonight, just hang out with the roomies and go for pizza and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment